Life is so hard when your best friend is a 9.5/10 and you’re a strong 4 with the right filter and lighting
because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless
and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.
by Robin Williams (via sadis-gate)
there is a 17 year old girl who smells like pomegranates and has summer air tight on her naked skin, wrapping around her scars, like veins in a bloody garden, who won’t make it past tomorrow,
there is a young man, who buys yellow flowers for the woman in apartment 84B, who learned braille when he realized she couldn’t read his poetry about her white neck and mint eyes
there are people watching films,
making love for the first time,
opening mail with the heading of ‘i miss you’,
cooking noodles with organic spices and red sauces,
buying lemon detergent,
ignoring ‘do not smoke’ signs,
painting murals of his lips in abandoned warehouses,
chewing the words ‘i love you’ over and over again,
swallowing phone numbers and forgotten birthdays,
eating strawberry pies,
drinking white wine off of each others open mouths,
ignoring the telephone,
reading this poem
someone is thinking
someone finally understands
they never really
by 'poems from the grave' (via saeltskin)
1. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he wanted to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
2. People will make time for you when they care about you. If he says he’s too busy or constantly cancels his plans, he doesn’t care. People fight for you when they care.
3. Don’t let him touch you on the first date. If he tries, he’s not there for the same reasons you are.
4. You can tell a lot about a person by their favorite book.
5. If he can stomach more than ten straight shots without feeling a thing, he drinks too much.
6. Ask the uncomfortable things. When was the last time he was so high he couldn’t speak? What does he regret the most? Does he drink to remember or to forget?
7. Don’t send pictures unless you want to. If he has to talk you into it, don’t do it. If you hesitate, don’t do it. If you do take a picture, don’t include your face. Keep yourself safe.
8. If you can’t laugh when you’re having sex with him, maybe you aren’t sleeping with the right person. Sex isn’t about tricks and tips and routines.
9. If he hurts you, cut him out. He’s gone, he isn’t coming back, and you don’t need to prolong the pain.
10. Don’t be afraid to open up again. I promise not everyone will love you with a knife behind their back.
by Boy advice from someone who made the same mistakes too often (via guiseofgentlewords)
by (via soulsscrawl)